- 1 medium (2-1/2″ dia) onion
- 4 medium carrot
- 4 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/2 tsp parsley, dried
- 4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 3 cup, chopped kale
- 1 cup White Kidney Beans
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1 melon (5-1/4″ dia) honeydew
- Dice onion. Peel and slice carrots, cut into 1/2in slices. Mince garlic.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat; add onions and carrots; sauté for 5-7 minutes, until onions begin to turn opaque. Add garlic, oregano, parsley, cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Drain and rinse beans. Add broth, kale, and beans. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in pesto.
- Serve with honeydew balls.