- 2 medium kabocha squash
- 2 cup coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 medium orange
- 4 leaves basil, fresh
- Slice squash in half and remove seeds. Place halves into a baking dish, open side down. Drizzle olive oil, cover with foil; bake for 30-45 minutes, checking for doneness by piercing with a fork and looking for a softer texture.
- Once done, remove flesh and allow to cool. Place into a blender and puree, adding coconut milk a little at time to begin thinning. Pour into sauce pan and warm over low heat; stirring occasionally to avoid from sticking on the bottom of the pan. More milk may be added if a thinner consistency is desired; season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with a fresh basil leaf and serve with sliced oranges.
Calories: 159kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 296mg | Fiber: 7g