Breakfast is one of our favorite meals. It is usually the meal that my kids will eat the best. I like to give them something that is filling, but also includes fruits or veggies. This breakfast panini recipe has all the food groups, is fast and easy to make and can be on the go. The sweet flavor of mango combined with the salty cheese is a winner for this yummy and nutritious kids’ breakfast.
The start to any good panini is a yummy bread. We started with a French country bread. It is soft and yummy.
To assemble this panini, start with scramble eggs, then a slice of cheddar cheese, thinly sliced mango and a dollop of salsa. Finish with another piece of bread. Add a little olive oil on both sides of the bread and then place in a panini maker and cook until golden brown.
Once golden brown, and the cheese is melted and gooey, let it cool for a minute. Cut into 4 squares. The smaller squares can seem less intimidating to kids instead of a large sandwich. Even half a sandwich can seem too much for kids.
These breakfast paninis are a great way to start the day. Mango is a super yummy way to boost your vitamin C and vitamin A. Eggs have biotin, zinc, and healthy protein. The great thing about paninis is that they are really versatile and you can add, change and create your own depending on your kids preferences. If they don’t like mango, try an apple slice. If they don’t like cheddar cheese, try mozzarella or leave the cheese out. This is a breakfast that your kids can help assemble and they will love what they come up with!
- 1 none cooking spray
- 4 large egg
- 1 medium mango
- 8 slice bread, french
- 4 slice cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk together. Pour into hot skillet and cook until set, stirring frequently to scramble.
- Peel mango and slice thinly. Preheat panini/sandwich press.
- Top each of 4 bread slices with 1/4 of the eggs, a slice of cheese, some mango slices, 1 tablespoon of salsa, and another piece of bread.
- Brush oil on the outsides of the bread (or spray with additional cooking spray) and place on a hot panini press. Cook until golden brown and cheese has melted.
- Cool slightly, cutting each sandwich into quarters before serving.