- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1/2 medium orange
- 1 medium lime
- 1 teaspoon red pepper/chili flakes
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, fresh
- 2 stalk green onion
- 1 tablespoon thyme, fresh
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon vinegar, distilled
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce, gluten free
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 slice pineapple
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Cook rice according to the package directions.
- Zest and juice the orange half and the lime.
- Using a food processor puree pepper flakes, garlic, ginger, green onions, thyme, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, pepper, brown sugar, oil, vinegar, soy sauce, orange juice, orange zest, lime juice, and lime zest.
- Add marinade to the shrimp and marinate for 15-30 minutes.
- Cut pineapple into smaller pieces and skewer with the shrimp. If grilling outdoors, preheat grill to medium-high. Grill for approximately 2-3 minutes per side.
- Chop tomatoes and cucumber. Add these to a bowl with any remaining pineapple. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat.
- Serve shrimp with rice and salad.
Calories: 433kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 182mg | Sodium: 700mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 19g