- 1/2 cup brown rice, raw
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 12 ounce sausage links, turkey, mild
- 1 stalk green onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 2 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium bell pepper, orange
- 1 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cup grapes
- Cook rice as directed on package. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat an oven-safe skillet on the stove over medium. (if you do not have this, you will need to transfer to a baking dish just before cooking in the oven.)
- Slice onion and green pepper; add to skillet and brown. Add cooked veggies to rice.
- Using the same skillet and stirring to crumble, brown the sausage over medium: 8-10 minutes. Add to the rice mixture.
- Dice green onions and add to rice along with salt, pepper, and thyme. Mix well.
- Cut the remaining peppers across the top, about 1/4 of an inch down. This will be used to cover the filling. Remove the seeds and membrane. Place peppers in the oven-safe skillet (or baking dish) with the open side facing up. Fill with rice mixture and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and place the top portion of the pepper, back on.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the peppers have reached desired tenderness.
- Serve with grapes on the side. (Serving size: 1 stuffed pepper, 1/2 cup grapes)
Calories: 374kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 806mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 16g