- 8 ounce macaroni pasta, dry
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, dried
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1/2 medium onion, red
- 4 ounce cheddar cheese
- 12 jumbo black olives, canned
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon vinegar, balsamic
- 1/8 cup basil, fresh
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 medium kiwi
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, and rinse under cold water. Let cool.
- Cook pine nuts in a skillet over low heat for 1-2 minutes until golden brown. Let cool.
- Slice tomatoes in half, dice pepper and onion, and cut cheese into small cubes; leave olives whole.
- To make the dressing: Mix the oil, vinegar, and chopped basil together in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble the salad: Mix pasta, pine nuts, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, cheese, and olives together. Drizzle the dressing over the top and gently mix.
- Serve with kiwi fruit on the side.
Calories: 566kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 450mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 13g