- 1/2 medium onion, sweet
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound turkey, ground
- 5 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 4 ounces lasagna noodles, dry
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2 cup ricotta cheese, part skim milk
- 1 1/4 leaves basil, fresh
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 16 spears asparagus
- 1 medium pineapple
- Preheat oven to 375° F; Dice onion and red bell pepper into small pieces. Slice basil into thin strips.
- In a large skillet saute onions and red bell pepper in olive oil; about 4 minutes. Add ground turkey and cook until browned and cooked through.
- Add 4 cups marinara sauce to the turkey mixture, bring to a boil.
- Spray a 13 X 9 baking dish with cooking spray. Pour 1 cup Marinara sauce on the bottom.
- Layer 3 sheets of lasagna noodles (no need to pre-cook or even purchase no-boil), top with 1 cup of turkey mixture, ½ cup ricotta, 1 ounce mozzarella, a few basil slices, and 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat for 3 more layers. (4 layers total)
- On the top layer pour the remaining Marinara sauce and cover with foil. Bake in pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
- Top Lasagna with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Re-cover with foil and continue baking for another 10 minutes.
- Before cutting the Lasagna let it rest for 5 minutes. Serve with roasted asparagus and fresh pineapple on the side.
- Preheat oven to 425. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast for 15-25 minutes depending on how thick your asparagus are. Should be soft, but still have a slight crunch.
Calories: 336kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 658mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 15g