Instant Pot Quinoa and VeggiesPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 3 stalk celery
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 1/2 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cup spinach
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 2 medium tomato, red
- 1/2 cup black olives, canned
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 2 ounce feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- 1/2 medium honeydew
- Dice celery and bell pepper into small pieces. Rinse and drain quinoa.
- Dump quinoa, bell pepper, and celery into your Instant Pot; add salt. Measure 4 well-packed cups of spinach (about half a bag) and dump into Instant Pot. Pour in chicken broth.
- Close the lid and make sure the vent is set to closed. Push the manual button, make sure pressure is on HIGH and reduce time to 1 minute.
- While the pot comes to pressure, chop tomatoes and olives.
- When the pot beeps several times it has finished cooking. Manually release pressure by carefully opening steam valve (make sure to keep hands clear of steam as it will be hot). Or allow the pressure to release naturally for about 15 minutes. You will know you can open the pot when the pin to the side of the pressure valve drops.
- Add tomatoes, olives, and pesto to the pot. Mix well.
- Serve warm or cold topped with feta cheese and almond slices, with honeydew on the side.