Instant Pot Butternut Squash & Apple SoupPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 medium onion, sweet
- 3 clove garlic
- 2 pound butternut squash
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 3 medium apple
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon sage, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seed kernels
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Chop onion and mince garlic. Cube squash. Peel potato and cube. Peel apple and cut into slices. Set everything aside separately.
- Set Instant Pot to sauté and add coconut oil. Once the screen reads “hot” and oil has melted, add chopped onion and minced garlic. Cook until onion begins to soften, 3-5 minutes. (Using a crockpot? Simply saute onions and garlic in a skillet on the stove. Then toss into crockpot along with remaining ingredients, except coconut milk. Set to low and cook 6-8 hours).
- Add squash and potato to the Instant Pot and stir to combine. Cook another couple of minutes until squash begins to soften, stirring occasionally.
- Press the cancel button on the screen, then add all other ingredients, with the exception of coconut milk. Stir to combine, then tighten the lid on the pot. Ensure vent valve is set to “sealing.”
- Press the “Manual” button, and set the timer to 10 minutes on high pressure. (Be aware of your Instant Pot instructions and make adjustments accordingly).
- Once cooking is complete, use an immersion blender to purée soup directly in the pot. Alternatively, transfer contents to a food processor or high powdered blender. Blend until smooth, then add coconut milk and additional seasonings to taste. Blend again to combine. Additional heating may be required.
- Top with toasted pumpkin seeds, coconut cream, and a dash of smoked paprika if desired.