- 1 medium lime
- 1 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 clove garlic
- 12 ounce white fish fillet
- 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cup broccoli, florets
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, lime zest,honey, salt, pepper and garlic. Place the tilapia in a gallon-sized ziploc bag and pour the marinade on top of the fish. Press the air out of the bag and seal. Refrigerate the fish for at least an hour and up to 4 hours. It helps to lay the bag in a flat dish and turn it over once or twice during the marinading time since the marinade won’t completely cover the fish.
- Before cooking, whisk together the flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish like a pie plate. Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until rippling and hot. Dredge each tilapia fillet in the flour, coating both sides lightly. Cook the fillets for 3-5 minutes per side without moving the fish while it cooks on each side; this will ensure a more even browning. Adjust the cooking time as needed depending on the thickness of the tilapia and the heat of the skillet and work in batches if necessary so the skillet isn’t overcrowded.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges. Serve with steamed broccoli and brown rice.
Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 503mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g