- 4 ounce linguine pasta, dry
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 8 tablespoon honey
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/8 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 cup green beans
- 2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 4 medium tangerine (mandarin orange)
- Cook linguine as directed on package; then drain, cover, and set aside.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces and set onto a plate. Mix flour, thyme, oregano, paprika, pepper, and salt in a shallow dish and set near chicken. Whisk eggs in a separate shallow dish, and place near the chicken as well.
- Heat oil in a wok or other large skillet. While oil heats, dredge chicken into flour, shake of excess, dip into eggs, and then back into flour once more. Place onto a clean plate.
- Add coated chicken to hot oil but do not over-crowd. Cook 2-3 minutes until crispy and golden on all sides and no longer pink in the center; place onto a plate lined with paper towels to cool. Repeat until all chicken is cooked, adding more oil if necessary.
- Whisk cornstarch and water together in a small bowl; set aside. Heat honey, minced garlic, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a small saucepan until bubbly. Whisk in the cornstarch, cook for 1-2 minutes, and then remove from heat.
- Place beans in a microwave safe dish and add enough water to cover the bottom. Microwave for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain water and toss with butter.
- Serve chicken on a bed of linguine and drizzle the honey sauce over top; serve green beans and tangerines on the side.
Calories: 813kcal | Carbohydrates: 102g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 191mg | Sodium: 533mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 48g