- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 1/2 medium lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large pita, whole wheat
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 4 cup Tangerines (mandarin oranges), canned, juice pack
- Drain most of the liquid from the chickpeas into a bowl, reserving the liquid. Set aside.
- Mince garlic; slice cucumber and tomato.
- Add chickpeas, tahini, juice from half a lemon, garlic, olive oil, and salt to a food processor and blend until smooth. If the hummus is not blending well, add 1-2 tablespoons of reserved liquid (or water) at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Spread 1/4 cup humus inside each pita pocket; stuff with cucumber and tomato slices and alfalfa sprouts.
- Serve with tangerines on the side.
Calories: 552kcal | Carbohydrates: 99g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 1257mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 43g