- 1/2 pound chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 medium carrot
- 4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cup blackberries
- Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Add chicken and season with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink inside. Remove from heat, cut into bite-sized pieces, and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Chop onion, celery, and carrot; add to skillet and cook 5-7 minutes until just tender.
- Pour in chicken broth, then stir in cooked chicken, basil, oregano, and 1/8 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer while you make the noodle stars.
- Crack the egg into a medium bowl, whisking it lightly until beaten.
- Stir in the flour and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt until a pliable dough forms. Add small amounts of water as needed until the dough is the right consistency (it shouldn’t be sticky, but you don’t want it too tough, either).
- On a floured surface, roll the dough out with a rolling pin until it’s very thin. Cut out shapes using a small star-shaped cookie cutter
- Drop stars one at a time into the boiling broth mixture and cook for 10-15 minutes until cooked through and no longer doughy.
- Serve soup with blackberries on the side.
Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 386mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g