- 3 stalk celery
- 1 medium onion
- 3 medium carrot
- 2 medium russet potato
- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 3 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup green peas, frozen
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 medium rolls, dinner, wheat
- Chop celery, onion, carrots, and potatoes; drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Add all ingredients to a large pot and heat over high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables and rice are tender.
- Taste and season with additional spices as desired.
- Serve with rolls on the side. (Serving size: 1 1/2 – 2 cups soup, 1 dinner roll)
Calories: 393kcal | Carbohydrates: 78g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 786mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 11g