- 8 ounce penne pasta, dry
- 12 ounce pork, ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese, part skim milk
- 4 teaspoon Greek yogurt, plain
- 2 teaspoon sugar, turbinado
- 1/8 cup mayonnaise, light
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon vinegar, white wine
- 1 tablespoon Poppy seeds
- 2 medium apple
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cup spinach
- 2 cup lettuce, romaine
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta to al dente according to package directions.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook for 5-6 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally and breaking meat into smaller pieces. Drain off excess fat and then season with garlic powder and salt.
- Add cooked pasta to pork along with marinara and ricotta; stir. Cover and cook 5-6 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
- Prepare the salad and dressing: In a small bowl blend together yogurt, mayo, sugar, milk, vinegar, and poppy seeds. Core and dice apples and add to dressing along with walnuts. Add lettuce and spinach to a large bowl.
- Add the dressing to the salad greens and toss to coat well.
- Top pasta with shredded Parmesan cheese and serve with salad on the side. (Serving size: 1 cup pasta with pork, 1 cup salad)
Calories: 510kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 923mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 16g