- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 cup vinegar, red wine
- 1 medium whole wheat baguette
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 medium carrot
- 2 cup mango cubes, frozen
- Preheat a grill pan over medium heat. Preheat a sandwich/panini press as well if desired.
- Slice eggplant on the bias (at a 45° angle) into 1/4-inch strips. Slice onion, pepper and squash into rounds. Peel carrots and cut into sticks.
- Brush the sliced vegetables (all but carrots) with olive oil; season with salt and pepper then place on grill pan. Cook about 3 minutes per side until grill marks are present and they’re slightly softened, then remove from heat and place on a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, whisk together minced garlic, Italian seasoning, and vinegar; drizzle over grilled vegetables.
- Cut a 12-inch baguette into 4 equal pieces and slice open.
- Spread pesto equally onto both halves of each bread slice.
- Top bottom portions of bread with a single layer of each vegetable, then add cheese. Top with remaining bread slices.
- Place sandwiches in a panini press and cook about 5 minutes each until well toasted (or use the grill pan, placing a heavy skillet on top of each sandwich to help press it down).
- Serve with carrot sticks and frozen mango on the side.
Calories: 670kcal | Carbohydrates: 115g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 899mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 22g