- 1 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1/2 medium onion, red
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium squash, summer
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon vinegar, red wine
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon basil, fresh
- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 2 ounce Parmesan cheese
- Oil grill grates (this oil is not listed in ingredients). Then preheat grill to medium high heat.
- While heating, core and quarter your peppers, thickly slice red onion into rings and slice zucchini and squash lengthwise.
- Working in batches, grill peppers, onions, zucchini and squash, flipping once, until just charred in parts and tender, 6 to 8 minutes total; transfer to a large platter as done. Set aside to let cool before cutting into bite-size pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine grilled vegetables, chopped garlic, vinegar, oil, chopped basil, chickpeas, salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with 1/2 cup Parmesan and serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 564mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 7g