- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1/2 medium zucchini
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 none cooking spray
- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 3/4 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 4 serving turkey pepperoni
- 4 medium carrot
- 2 cup grapes
- Slice top off of bell pepper, remove seeds, then slice into rings. Shred zucchini; peel carrots and cut into sticks. Set all aside separately.
- Spray a medium-sized skillet with cooking spray, then heat over medium high heat.
- Lay 4 slices of bread out onto a plate. Add a few spoonfuls of marinara sauce to each slice, then top with pepperoni, pepper rings, shredded zucchini, and cheese. Top with remaining bread, forming sandwiches.
- Add sandwiches to hot skillet and spray the tops with a small amount of cooking spray (or brush with olive oil if you prefer).
- Cook 1-2 minutes per side until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Cut each sandwich into quarters; serve with carrot sticks and grapes on the side.
Calories: 415kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 1253mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 22g