- 3 tablespoon vinegar, red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon mustard, dijon
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup, pure
- 2 clove garlic
- 30 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 6 stalk celery
- 3 stalk green onion
- 5 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup basil, fresh
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 leaf lettuce, romaine
- Add vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, mustard, and maple syrup to a large bowl. Smash garlic with the back of a knife and add to the bowl as well. Stir to combine, and allow to rest while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas, slice celery into 1/4 inch pieces (Save the leaves for later! You’ll need about 2 cups), and slice green onions. Slowly add oil to the garlic mixture, whisking constantly. This mixture will come together and emulsify. Add chickpeas, celery, and onions. Toss to coat evenly; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours (or up to, overnight).
- Preheat grill (outdoors or indoors). Season chicken with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper, paprika, and chili powder. Grill each side for approximately 4 minutes or until the inside is no longer pink; cover and set aside.
- Chop celery leaves, halve tomatoes, and roughly chop basil. Remove the smashed garlic from the chickpea mixture, then add remaining chopped veggies. Toss again to combine, then top with Parmesan.
- Place a large lettuce leaf onto each plate, then heap veggie mixture on top. Cut up chicken and add to salad as well, or simply serve alongside.
Calories: 531kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 1109mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 3g