- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 12 ounces tomato juice
- 2 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes undrained
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, minced
- In a stock pot, saute garlic and onions in butter until tender and fragrant. Add carrots and saute for a few more minutes until carrots begin to soften.
- Add tomato juice, diced tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, salt, pepper and honey. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add half and half and simmer for 15 minutes. more. Add basil and puree with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Serve with grilled cheese sandwiches. Enjoy!
Calories: 500kcal | Carbohydrates: 75g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 1284mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 32g