- 12 ounce beef steak, any cut
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 medium cucumber
- 6 jumbo black olives, canned
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1 medium onion
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, fresh
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing, low fat
- Put steak and 1/2 cup barbecue sauce into a sealable plastic bag. Turn steak to coat. Marinate in refrigerator for 6 hours.
- Preheat grill and begin cooking rice according to package directions.
- Halve the zucchini lengthwise, brush with olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Remove steak from bag, discard the bag and marinade.
- Add steak and zucchini to grill. Grill steak to desired doneness. Grill zucchini 2-3 minutes per side, longer if a softer texture is desired. Once steak is fully cooked to your liking, allow to rest 5 minutes and then slice across the grain.
- For brown rice salad: Quarter and seed cucumber; slice olives; chop tomato, onion and parsley. Mix these ingredients along with rice and dressing. Serve with steak and zucchini
Calories: 460kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 720mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 19g