- 1/3 cup pine nuts, dried
- 8 ounce penne pasta, dry
- 3 cup water
- 2 cup green peas, frozen
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup spinach
- 2 medium apple
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry pan over medium-high heat for 2-4 minutes or until fragrant. Set aside to cool, then roughly chop.
- Cook the penne according to the package directions, then drain and return to the pot.
- While pasta cooks, place water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, add the peas, and cook for 1-3 minutes just until tender; strain, rinse, and set aside.
- Chop avocado and mince garlic. Add to a large bowl, along with the peas, chopped pine nuts, juice from the lemon, and oil; mash together with a fork until desired consistency is reached.
- Stir pea mixture into the cooked pasta and add roughly chopped spinach; top with additional pine nuts, peas, and avocado slices if desired.
- Enjoy with a side of sliced apples.
Calories: 504kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 97mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 16g