Make that bowl of oatmeal a whole lot more fun! Your little monster will gobble it up.
- 3 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1 medium banana
- 1/8 cup chocolate chips, dark
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp almonds, whole
- 8 whole wheat crackers square
- Simmer water, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla (this keeps the milk from burning). Add oats and carrots and bring back to a simmer. Allow to cook until oats are at desired consistency, approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Put oatmeal into serving bowls. Slice the banana. Add to the oatmeal for eyes, using chocolate chips for the center. Create a 'smile' and use the sunflower seeds for teeth. Add an almond for a nose and the crackers for ears.