- 3 cup stewed tomatoes, canned
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne or red pepper
- 12 ounce turkey, ground
- 2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, part skim milk
- 1/8 tablespoon olive oil
- Pulse tomatoes with juice in a food processor until finely chopped. Heat oil in a large straight-sided skillet over medium heat.
- Cook 1 cup diced onion and 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add turkey; cook,breaking up any large pieces, until browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until thick, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons dried oregano or 2 tablespoons fresh oregano and salt. Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise into thin strips (about 1/8 inch thick) using a mandoline or a sharp knife.
- Place 5 or 6 zucchini slices, overlapping slightly, in the bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish. Top with 1 cup sauce. Dot with 1/4 cup ricotta.
- Repeat twice with zucchini, remaining sauce, and 1/2 cup ricotta, alternating direction of zucchini.
- Top with remaining zucchini, alternating direction; brush with very small amount of olive oil. Dot with remaining 1/4 cup ricotta.
- Season with fresh ground pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, until lasagna bubbles and top browns, 50 to 60 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh oregano.
Calories: 233kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 1147mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g