- 1 pound pork loin
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 3 teaspoon ginger root, fresh
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 stalk green onion
- 1 cup wild rice, raw
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, brown, Italian, or Crimini
- 1 cup snow peas
- 2 medium carrot
- 2 stalk celery
- 2 cup mandarin oranges, canned in juice
- Partially freeze meat. Thinly slice meat into medallions.
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- In a resealable plastic bag add the soy sauce, grated ginger root, minced garlic and sliced green onions. Add the pork. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Dice the carrots and celery.
- Heat a wok or large saute pan over medium high heat. Add the olive oil. When the pan is hot, add the pork medallions. Cook for 3-4 minutes, then flip and cook the other side.
- Stir together beef broth and 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Add to the wok along with the mushrooms, snow peas, carrots and celery.
- Give everything a quick stir, then cover and cook for another 4-5 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp tender and the pork is cooked through.
- Serve with rice and oranges on the side. (Serving size: 1 cup pork and veggies, 1 cup rice, 1/2 cup oranges)
Calories: 452kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 680mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 15g