- 2 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted
- 8 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 large egg
- 1 medium apple
- 1 cup strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place cupcake liners into muffin pan.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and wheat germ.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together melted butter and honey. Add milk and eggs and whisk until fluffy. Gradually add dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Peel and core apple; chop into small pieces. Dice strawberries. Fold apples and strawberries into batter.
- Pour batter into muffin pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted to the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Calories: 242kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 79mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 14g