- 1/4 cup butter, unsalted
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium carrot
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 medium banana
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425* F. Cover a 10×15 inch sheet pan in foil. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a microwave safe dish and brush half of it over the foil, coating evenly.
- In a medium bowl, pour the remaining half of the melted butter (2 tablespoons). Grate half a cup each of zucchini and carrot and add to the butter. Also add milk, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add this mixture to the wet mixture and stir just until combined.
- Pour the pancake batter into the prepared sheet pan and spread the batter out. Top with half a banana, cut into thin slices, as well as 1 total cup of berries (we used half strawberry, cut into slices, and half blueberry).
- Bake for 13-14 minutes in the preheated oven, until slightly risen and cooked through. Cut into squares and serve warm.
Calories: 168kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 168mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g