- 2 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 steak beef flank steak, lean
- 1/2 cup BARLEY, PEARLED, COOKED
- 2 cup Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, balsamic
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, pure
- 1/3 cup, chopped cranberries, raw
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Preheat grill or skillet to medium-high. Combine grapeseed oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and chili powder in a bowl. Rub onto steak. Toss onto grill or in skillet and cook for 4 minutes per side. Allow to rest.
- Cook barley as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, prepare brussels: Remove stems from brussels and slice in half. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium, and add brussels. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 8-10 minutes. Add vinegar and maple syrup, toss to coat evenly.
- Add barley, cranberries, and cashews to brussels; toss to coat evenly. Remove from heat and add feta.
- Serve flank with warm barley salad on the side.
Calories: 458kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 415mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g