Fish Stick Dinner with Mashed Potato-CauliflowerPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 4 servings
- 12 ounce white fish fillet
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs, plain
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 2 medium russet potato
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 medium orange
- Preheat oven to 400°F and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut fish into 1-inch strips and place into a large bowl. Pour in the coconut milk to fully cover the fish. Allow fish to marinate for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Using a shallow bowl or a large plate, mix together the bread crumbs, panko, coconut flakes, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Dip each piece of fish into the bread mixture, coating evenly; then place the fish onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes and then flip each piece over; cook for 8-10 minutes longer.
- While fish bakes, peel and cut potatoes into 1-inch cubes and cauliflower into florets. Add to a large pot with along with broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and continue cooking until potatoes and cauliflower are fork-tender; drain. Using your tool of choice, mash together until well blended and creamy. Add the sour cream, yogurt, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Serve fish with mashed veggies and orange wedges on the side.
Calories: 644kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 1316mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 10g