- 2 breast chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium (approx 2-3/4″ long, 2-1/2″ dia) bell pepper, green
- 1/2 medium (2-1/2″ dia) onion
- 1 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 1 spray , about 1/3 second (1 NLEA serving) cooking spray
- 8 tortilla (approx 7-8″ dia) tortilla, whole wheat
- 4 oz cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 medium (2-1/2″ dia) tangerine (mandarin orange)
- Season chicken to your desired liking. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a large skillet on medium heat. Then add chicken. Cook chicken until no longer pink; remove from heat and cut into bite-sized pieces or shred. Set aside.
- Chop pepper, onion and mushrooms. Spray skillet with cooking spray, then heat over medium-high heat; add chopped veggies; sauté for 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Using same skillet, spray with cooking spray, add a tortilla, top with veggie mixture and some chopped, cooked chicken, sprinkle with shredded cheese and finally top with a second tortilla; spray top tortilla with cooking spray. Cook to allow bottom tortilla to begin to brown, approximately 4-5 minutes; flip over and allow to brown once again. Repeat with remaining tortillas until everyone has a quesadilla.
- Top quesadillas with fresh cilantro, salsa (optional) and tangerine wedges.
Calories: 488kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 1003mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 17g