- 1 medium pomegranate
- 2 medium orange
- 2 medium apple
- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 8 large egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- Cut up fruit and combine fruit salad. Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium.
- Cut a hole in the middle of each slice of bread by pressing a drinking glass down onto the bread firmly, while twisting slightly. Remember: Don’t waste any of the bread. The pieces cut out can be used to dip into the yolk!
- Place as many slices of bread in the pan as will comfortably fit.
- Crack an egg open and drop into each cutout hole.
- Cook the egg and the bread for 2 minutes. Then, flip to cook the other side for 1-2 more minutes. Cook until the bread is a light, golden brown and the egg is cooked to desired doneness.
- Place your “eggs in a basket” on a plate and serve with butter and fruit salad on the side.
Calories: 486kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 380mg | Sodium: 438mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 22g