- 1/2 cup yogurt, plain
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 medium tomato, red
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 1 tablespoon oregano, fresh
- 1 stalk green onion
- 2 tablespoon vinegar, red wine
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 medium eggplant
- 4 large pita, whole wheat
- 1 medium honeydew
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Combine ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Seed and dice tomatoes. Peel, seed, and dice enough cucumber for 1 cup.
- Pit and halve the olives. Chop parsley and oregano. Thinly slice green onions.
- Toss tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, parsley, oregano, green onions, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon oil in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill until ready to use.
- Trim and dice eggplant into 3/4″ pieces. Saute eggplant in the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium high heat for 3 minutes. Add to vegetable mixture.
- Brush pitas with oil, season with salt, and broil until lightly toasted on both sides. Assemble by placing each pita on top of a sheet of foil or parchment paper. Drizzle 1/4 cup sauce down the center of the pita and place about 1 cup of the vegetables on top of the sauce. Wrap foil or paper around pita and serve with honeydew.
Calories: 513kcal | Carbohydrates: 78g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 661mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 34g