- 1 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 1/4 medium onion
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 4 large egg
- 4 large egg white
- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 medium clementine
- Chop mushrooms and onion. Slice tomato.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion to hot skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Whisk eggs together with the mushrooms, then add to the onions.
- Allow eggs to cook until no longer runny, stirring occasionally to slightly scramble. Once the eggs become firm, do not stir. Flip them over once to fully cook both sides.
- While eggs cook, preheat sandwich press or a large skillet.
- Divide cooked eggs equally among 4 slices of bread; top each with a tomato slice, a sprinkling of cheese, and then a second slice of bread.
- Place sandwiches into the press (or skillet) and cook until cheese is melted and bread is golden on both sides. (If you don’t have a sandwich press, then press sandwiches down in the skillet with a small sauce pan while cooking, flipping halfway through to evenly brown both sides.)
- Serve with clementines on the side.
Calories: 411kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 214mg | Sodium: 605mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 12g