Get your kids loving egg cups with this twist that uses tortilla pressed into the muffin cup for a chewy and crispy “crust!”
- 1 none cooking spray
- 4 medium tortilla, whole wheat
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 1 medium onion
- 4 large egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 ounce cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 medium banana
- Heat oven to 350°F. Coat muffin pan with cooking spray. Pile tortillas on top of one another and cut into a circle that is approximately 3 1/2 – 4 inches wide. Or, place each tortilla over the muffin cup, press in, then cut off the excess. Set aside.
- Chop all veggies, set aside separately, especially if not all family members are fond of all the veggies in their eggs.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sour cream until smooth. Mix in 1/2 the cheese, salt and pepper.
- Place cut tortillas into each of four muffin cups and pour in the egg mixture. Sprinkle the desired veggies on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes and, if more cheese is desired, sprinkle on top at this time. Bake for 3-5 minutes longer, until the egg is completely cooked and the tortilla becomes browned.
- Serve warm with banana slices on the side.