- 2 cup brown rice, raw
- 4 block Tofu, firm
- 2 head bok choy
- 3 clove garlic
- 3 medium carrot
- 6 stalk green onion
- 2 large egg
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 3/4 cup green peas, frozen
- 2 stalk green onion
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 large egg
- Rinse rice well in cold water and cook according to package directions. (yield 4 cups of cooked rice)
- While rice is cooking, prepare tofu and veggies. Gently squeeze out moisture and cut tofu into small cubes.
- Chop bok choy, mince garlic, dice carrots, and slice green onions.
- Cook eggs : place wok or skillet over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon sesame oil. Pour in eggs and scramble, until slightly under-cooked. Set aside in a bowl.
- Cook tofu: increase heat to med-high, add 1 teaspoon oil. Add tofu. Cook until slightly browned on all sides, stirring little, about 10 minutes. Remove and place in bowl with eggs.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to wok/skillet. Add garlic and carrots, cook 1 minute.
- Add cooked rice and stir to evenly coat with oil. Let cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice begins to brown.
- To the rice, add soy sauce and bok choy. Cook for a couple minutes.
- Add peas (thawed), green onions, egg, and tofu. Stir and cook for a few minutes until heated through.
- Slice green onions.
- Heat vegetable broth, soy sauce, green onions, garlic powder, pepper, and any additional add-ins in saucepan over med-high heat.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Beat eggs in a bowl.
- Slowly pour eggs (1 or 2) into simmering broth while stirring clockwise to create egg ribbons.
- Let heat for a minute.
- Season to taste with additional salt/pepper if needed.
Calories: 430kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 739mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g