- 1 spray , about 1/3 second (1 NLEA serving) cooking spray
- 6 large egg
- 1 medium (approx 2-3/4″ long, 2-1/2″ dia) bell pepper, green
- 1 medium (approx 2-3/4″ long, 2-1/2 dia.) bell pepper, red
- 1 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 1 oz, 2 links sausage links, turkey, mild
- 2 oz cheddar cheese
- 2 cup brown rice, cooked
- 4 medium (7″ to 7-7/8″ long) banana
- Preheat a medium sized skillet to medium high. Chop peppers, mushrooms & sausage. Spray skillet with cooking spray. Whisk eggs. Chop bell peppers and sausage and add to egg mixture. Cook in heated skillets, then add them to heated skillet altogether. Turn heat down to medium. Allow to cook until no longer runny; stirring to scramble.
- RE-heat extra rice if using leftovers from dinner, or cook new rice.
- Serve 1/2 cup rice topped with egg mixture, sprinkle with cheese. Serve with banana.
Calories: 483kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 304mg | Sodium: 289mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 17g