A fun afternoon snack or the perfect side to hamburger night, these baked parmesan sweet potato zucchini tots are happily devoured by even the pickiest eaters. And the creamy ketchup will become a new household favorite!
And they’re soooooo versatile!
You also grate the zucchini and then squeeze out the extra “juice”/water so that the tots will hold together better. A tablespoon of coconut flour helps bind everything. Once all the ingredients are combined, use your fingers to shape them into little cylinders. They don’t have to be perfect, but getting a consistent shape is nice. Look how cute they were when I posted them on Instagram!
The flavor of the tots is divine. You could eat them by the handful, as-is. OR… you could dip them in the most delicious creamy ketchup (highly recommended!)— just combine equal parts plain Greek yogurt with ketchup.
Easy (Baked) Parmesan Sweet Potato Zucchini Tots with Creamy Ketchup
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon flour, coconut
- 2 tablespoon Greek yogurt, plain
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel sweet potato and microwave on high for 3.5 – 4 minutes. (alternatively, you can boil a peeled sweet potato for 15 – 20 minutes instead). Let sweet potato cool for a few minutes so that you can safely handle it.
- Using a medium to large grater, grate the sweet potato… adding it to a medium mixing bowl.
- Then peel and grate the zucchini either over a thick paper towel or a tea towel. Once grated, squeeze out the excess “juice”/water from the zucchini.
- Then add the remaining ingredients into the mixing bowl with the sweet potato: grated zucchini, parmesan cheese, sea salt, paprika, garlic powder, and flour. Mix well, even using your hands to press and squeeze and make sure everything is thoroughly combined.
- Form the mixture into small cylinders with your fingers, making them about an inch and a half long. Set them on a lined baking sheet in rows so that they are not touching each other.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Then, flip them over. Then bake for another 15 – 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Combine the Greek yogurt and ketchup to make the dipping sauce.
- Serve tots hot / immediately with the sauce.
Kelly is the author, recipe creator, and food photographer behind the blog Nosh and Nourish. She incorporates nourishing superfoods into every meal for her husband, adorable toddler, and herself (think quinoa, sweet potatoes, walnuts, kale, blueberries, etc..) and manages to keep everything tasting absolutely delicious! When not creating new recipes or taking pictures of them, you can find her exploring the Rocky mountains, gardening, hiking, or fly-fishing