Reader Andrea sent over a long list of foods that start with D, including Deviled Eggs to be added to D week! How clever. I never would have thought about that, but it’s perfect. We came up with these little deviled eggs. Perfect for an after school snack, or even a school lunch.
Deviled Eggs Recipe
- 4-6 Hard boiled eggs
- 3 TBL light mayo (I used fat-free)
- 3 TBL mixed veggies, chopped very small. Such as red pepper, green onions, and celery
- 1 tsp. mustard
- dash of salt
- Paprika (I would generally use paprika, and then totally forgot when I made these ones)
Slice hard boiled eggs in half. Pop the yolks out. Mash the yolks with mayo, veggies, mustard and salt. Return to the hollowed out egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika and serve. Use olives or sea-weed paper to decorate.
- Yesterday was a big day for me and my little business. As you know, I created a children’s plate almost three years ago. February of 2008 I received my first shipment of 2000 plates. Three years later, they have all been sold, and I ordered another 2000 plates from my manufacturer. I remember thinking that first shipment would end up in a land field somewhere, or we’d be tripping over the boxes in my garage for the next 20 years, or that I had wasted the money I spent to make them. But you bought them all, and I couldn’t be more humbled and grateful! Thanks you for your support of my small business, and for all of you who are trying each day to feed your kids healthy food. I love you all (literally!)
- So, I’m thinking about E week. I’d love your ideas on healthy things that start with the letter E. So far I have, Eggplant, Eggs, Endive, Edamame, and Exercise.