While we have so many sweet, raw apples, I would love to include them in as many salads as possible. While some kids like traditional salads, my poor kids have my sweet tooth. Anytime we can get our hands on a sweet salad, we will! So, here is one of our all time favorite salads, and perfect for our new stash of apples.
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (I buy bagged coleslaw for this)
- 3 apples, seeded and chopped. any color
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup light mayo (I used Light Best Foods)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 cup white vinegar
- 1 TBL poppy seeds
Mix all ingredients together, store in fridge.
Super yummy! Lunch, dinner, or even snack time!