- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 2 clove garlic
- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 3 tablespoon curry paste
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/8 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 4 medium kiwi
- Cook rice as directed on package.
- Cube chicken and place aside. Chop garlic, drain and rinse chickpeas, chop zucchini, and set all aside separately.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil appears to shimmer, add chicken and garlic; cook stirring frequently for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Add chickpeas and zucchini; stir to combine.
- In a small bowl whisk together broth, curry paste, salt, and pepper. Add to skillet and stir to combine and coat evenly. Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for 5 minutes or until chicken has fully cooked through; stir occasionally. Sauce will begin to thicken.
- Remove from heat and stir in chopped cilantro. Serve over rice, sprinkled with chopped cashews; serve kiwi on the side.
Calories: 604kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 450mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 12g