- 3 cup broccoli, florets
- 1 large egg
- 5 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper/chili flakes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Cut and steam broccoli until it is soft but not mushy.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk egg and then add cheese, flour, minced garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes (optional).
- Add broccoli to mixture and mash with a hand masher, trying to leave some chunky pieces. Then, fold together until well mixed.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet. Add broccoli mixture 2 tablespoons at at time, forming patties. Heat until browned, then flip.
- Once browned on both sides, transfer to a plate covered with paper towels (allowing excess oil to be absorbed). Allow to cool a bit, then enjoy!
Calories: 177kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 441mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g