- 2 pound beef roast
- 2 cup carrots, baby
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon shallot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup vinegar, balsamic
- 1 cup tomato juice, canned, without salt added
- 1 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 2 each bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoon water
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 2 cup pineapple
- Add roast and carrots to slow cooker. Thinly slice onion and mince the shallot. Combine the onions, shallot, salt, pepper, oil, vinegar, tomato juice, broth, thyme, bay leaves, cumin and garlic powder; pour over roast. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove roast and veggies from crockpot. Whisk together cornstarch and water. Add to a small saucepan with juices from the roast. Heat on low, whisking constantly until sauce thickens.
- Cook rice before serving, as directed on package.
- Serve roast with sauce on top with carrots, rice and pineapple on the side.
Calories: 808kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 51g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 157mg | Sodium: 897mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 21g