- 1 medium onion
- 6 medium carrot
- 1 pound pork chop, boneless
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cup spinach
- 2 medium apple
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Slice onion, and peel and cut carrots into large chunks; place into crockpot.
- Season pork chops with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper (if you are not using a low-sodium broth, omit the salt); place on top of veggies and pour broth over the top. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Approximately 30 minutes before serving, cook quinoa as directed on package.
- Roughly chop spinach and dice apples; add to cooked quinoa.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, juice of the lemon, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Pour over quinoa and mix to coat evenly.
- Serve pork chops with onions, carrots, and quinoa salad on the side.
Calories: 515kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 535mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 16g