Crockpot Chicken with Black Beans and Sweet PotatoPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 7 hours
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium sweet potato
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3 tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 cup cilantro
- 1 medium lime
- 2 medium pear
- Dice onion and cube the sweet potatoes. Drain and rinse black beans.
- Layer sweet potatoes, onion, and then beans into a slow cooker; place chicken on top.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the broth, salsa, chipotle peppers, paprika, garlic powder, pepper, allspice, and salt.
- Pour over the chicken. Don’t stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3.5-4 hours until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges if desired. Serve with pear slices on the side. (Serving size is 3/4 cup of potatoes and beans, 3-4 ounces chicken and 1/2 pear).