Crockpot Apple Cheddar Turkey MeatballsPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 hours
- 1 medium apple, Granny Smith
- 1/2 cup cranberries, dried
- 1 pound turkey, ground
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 cup green beans
- 4 ounce macaroni pasta, dry
- 2 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 2 medium apple
- Wash and shred Granny Smith apple; squeeze out any excess liquid. Chop cranberries into smaller pieces.
- Add grated apple, chopped berries, turkey, egg, salt, pepper, onion powder, and cheese to a large bowl. Mix well. (Your hands work best!)
- Make golf-ball sized meatballs and drop them into a 4 quart crockpot (or larger). This should make about a dozen meatballs.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 5-9 hours. (The fuller the crockpot, the longer the meat will take to cook.) While the meatballs cook, juice will collect on the bottom of the crockpot and they will start getting bright white and slimy looking. Don’t be alarmed—they will eventually brown. They may also appear to be cooking into each other but you will be able to separate them when they’re done.)
- Before eating, steam green beans, cook pasta according to package, and heat pasta sauce. Core remaining apples and cut into slices.
- Top pasta with sauce and meatballs. Serve green beans and sliced apples on the side.