These delicious cheesy meatballs have sweet and tangy granny smith apples baked right in! Enjoy the familiar flavors of fall in a quick-to-make, wholesome meal.
Baked Apple Cheddar Turkey Meatballs
- 1 medium apple, Granny Smith
- 1 pound turkey, ground
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 cup green beans
- 4 ounce macaroni pasta, dry
- 2 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 2 medium apple
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Wash and shred Granny Smith apple; squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Add grated apple, turkey, egg, salt, pepper, onion powder, and cheese to a large bowl. Mix well. (Your hands work best!)
- Make golf-ball sized meatballs and drop them onto a parchment-paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through and browning on top.
- Before eating, steam green beans, cook pasta according to package, and heat pasta sauce. Core remaining apples and cut into slices.
- Top pasta with sauce and meatballs. Serve green beans and sliced apples on the side.