Play with your food! Make this cute and healthy sandwich caterpillar for your hungry little ones.Print Pin Rate
- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 4 tablespoon mayonnaise, light
- 4 slice ham, deli sliced
- 4 slice cheddar cheese
- 4 leaf outer lettuce, green leaf
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 4 medium apple
- 1 medium cucumber
- Assemble the sandwiches with the bread, mayo, ham, cheese and lettuce. Using a round cookie cutter, cut the sandwiches into 3-4 circles to be used as the caterpillar (critter) body. Stand each circle upright and “glue” together with a small amount of hummus.
- Halve the apples and use one half for each head. If desired, eyes and a smile can be formed from a thin slice of apple, again using hummus for “glue”.
- Slice the cucumber. Quarter the slices to use for the antennae and legs.
- Serve critter sandwiches with any remaining critter “parts” as a side.
Calories: 473kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 760mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 24g