- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium carrot
- 1/2 cup cornmeal, yellow
- 1/2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- Heat oil to 350°F. You will need at least 1″ worth.
- Peel carrots and cut them into thin strips or rounds; you could even use a food cutter to make other shapes.
- Mix together cornmeal, flour, onion powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat egg white until foamy, then stir in buttermilk.
- Dip carrots in milk mixture. Drain excess, then dredge in cornmeal mixture.
- Fry 2 minutes or until ligthly brown. (Cook time will depend on how thick you cut your carrots.) Then remove from skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 416mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g