Creamy Corn Chowder and Whole Wheat RollsPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 4 1 1/4 cup soup plus one roll
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 2 medium russet potato
- 14 1/2 ounce chicken broth, low-sodium
- 3 cup corn, frozen
- 1 cup milk
- 1/8 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 medium rolls, dinner, wheat
- 2 medium apple
- Add oil to a large soup pot and heat over medium.
- Dice onion and bell pepper, then add to the hot oil; cook 4-5 minutes until tender.
- Peel and chop the potatoes.
- Once the onion and pepper are tender, add chicken broth and potatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir the corn into the pot and and cook for ten minutes more.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, flour, salt, and pepper; pour this into the corn mixture and continue to cook until thick and bubbly, about 10 more minutes.
- Serve soup with whole wheat rolls and apple slices on the side. serving = 1 1/4 cup soup plus one roll
Calories: 451kcal | Carbohydrates: 87g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 551mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 30g