This creamy soup is gently spiced with warm curry, ginger, and coconut. Whole grain brown rice and chicken make this soup a hearty balanced meal!
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 3 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 onion chopped small
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 pound rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 medium lime
- 1 cup spinach
- Cook rice as directed on package; set aside.
- Heat butter in a large sauce pan over medium. Grate carrot into sauce pan and add chopped onion. Add curry powder, cinnamon, ginger, chili powder, paprika, and salt. Stir together and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the broth.
- Remove chicken meat from the bones and shred (about 1 pound). Add coconut milk, chicken, and cooked rice to the pan. Mix well and bring to a boil, then remove from heat. Stir in spinach, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Serve with orange wedges on the side.