- 3 medium carrot
- 3 stalk celery
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup flour, all-purpose
- 8 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 8 ounce egg noodles
- 12 ounce evaporated milk, nonfat
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 pound rotisserie chicken
- 4 medium kiwi
- Chop carrots, celery and onion. Set aside. Heat oil in a large stock pot; add veggies. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Mince garlic and add to pot. Cook for 1 minute longer, stirring constantly.
- While briskly mixing, add flour a little at a time. Add broth while whisking to avoid clumping. Continue to whisk until all flour has been incorporated. Bring to a boil.
- Add noodles; bring back to a boil and then reduce heat. Cook for 5 minutes until noodles have softened. Add evaporated milk, salt, oregano and pepper; continue to cook on low. Shred chicken from the rotisserie and add to pot. Stir to thoroughly combine. Cook for 10 minutes or until warmed through.
- Serve with sliced kiwi on the side.
Calories: 484kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 1019mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 12g